Wednesday, July 15, 2009

News

Yesterday, I received news from my employer regarding my job application. It was not news that I wanted to hear and in fact, it was news which I did not prepare for. Prior to this, I had been preparing for two outcomes: I get the job, or I don't. I never expected to get the 'in-between' response which has now delayed things. Despite all this, the news was not something bad, just that my application would have to be delayed due to an age restriction stated by a certain policy which I am extremely sore about. I will not start a flaming session ranting about this certain policy for it will do no good; I will only say that it is a very selfish and disruptive thing. Anyway, my application will be followed-up next year so there is still hope.

The news has also taught me a thing or two about being naive. I am praying hard that my - somewhat foolish (if you ask me now) - actions have not hampered my pathway to my potential career. I shall keep that lesson in mind in future. Right now, I need to replan for this waiting period and the unknown beyond. I am still unsettled by the news, but life must go on. Oh well, as the saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait."

Time... and faith, will tell.

No comments: