Thursday, April 30, 2009

The End

About 6 hours ago, I finished my last paper for the last semester of my last year. (Damn that 8 marks ribblets question... who would've thought that would come out...) Yep, I'm finally done with Uni. And boy has 3 years passed just like that. I still remember my first year - getting slapped in the face with a torrent of high-speed learning. And then subsequently crashing and burning during the first few exams.

On the brighter side, it has really been an experience. The new friends that I've made here, the amount of knowledge gained (OK, I admit, a majority of that has been lost already), the eye candy from Arts (particularly Geography and Psychology), the countless deadlines, submissions, tutorials, mid-terms, exams... yes, it has really been an eventful 3 years. Even now as I type this entry, I am still reeling from the fact that it is finally over.

I guess it is normal for us human beings to become attached to a place or routine thing which we continue to do for a long period of time. But once this routine ends, these things which have become so much a part of our lives suddenly come to an end. At that point of time, you only then start to realize the effect and then you start reminiscencing of the good ol' days bringing this feeling of "So it's over, huh?". Well, for me at least.

After finishing my last paper, me and some Uni friends headed to Clarke Quay for some post-Uni celebration dinner cum chilllout session at Jazz@Southbridge at Boat Quay. (On a sidenote, that place never fails to surprise me - that night's set had a guest flautist who played Girl from Ipanema and another song I forgot. Awesome stuff.) It so happened that just before we left, the set was playing What a Difference a Day Made which resembled thoughts of my last day.



As they say, 'Life goes on', so this is just The End of one chapter and the beginning of another... and that I am looking forward to.

No comments: